It’s doing the rounds and I’ve finally given in; these circulars are silly but they’re also fun to review after a year or so, plus it helps you to get to know me a little better if you’ve merely popped by my blog rather than being an avid reader.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
- I used to be a pretty good amateur dancer.
- And I purposely did a worse job of hiding being a Scout than one as a child.
- I started dancing because it was better than sitting on the sidelines whilst my sister did it for 3 hours each Saturday.
- I eventually went to competitions and won enough trophies to fill 3 shoeboxes.
- I still do the odd bit of dance in Scout/Guide Gang Shows.
- Before I was in a Gang Show I was in a Theatre Group for a year.
- Funnily enough my Secondary school aptitude test listed my top 2 careers as: 1) Actor, 2) Naval Architect.
- I have never pursued acting as a career although the skills section of my resume would be quite broad.
- I’m not an Architect either, although I like to think the creativity of acting + precision of architecture = Graphic Design.
- Scouting is still a major influence in my Life.
- I got my first real taste of confidence in myself at 18, and I owe it to one person.
- Oneday I hope to thoroughly convey the scope of my gratitude.
- Whilst I am very grateful to my teachers I think I could’ve learnt more at School if I had been educated using a different teaching method.
- Despite this, most of my grades were ‘B’ or better but I got at least one of every letter E-A*.
- Quote: “Smart enough to act stupid”.
- I will not let my children go to Sixth form, they will go to College, and University will be optional.
- Despite having 2 gap years I didn’t have enough life experience to choose a degree that would led to a career I would enjoy.
- But if I hadn’t gone I wouldn’t know what I enjoy (Drawing/Design).
- I believe I have designer skills equal to a 2nd year design student, despite having having a job as one.
- I’m very critical of myself and don’t take praise well if I don’t believe it first.
- Hence my natural instinct is to undersell myself.
- My New Year’s Resolutions tend to be to spend the year exploring a different personality trait, if I like the result I try to make it stick, if I don’t, I shrug it off with something else the following year.
- Socially I’m a Switch, I can be the Leader of a group or a member.
- Likewise I can have two minds about something, and alternate views in an argument sometimes confusing the responder!
- This means that I sometimes take the opposite role for daft propositions which makes me look dopey but lets me explore the root of someone else’s conclusion which is great for familiarity and I find fun.
Whilst this list is 25 items long I’ve actually told you more than 25 pieces of random information about myself and where possible connected them (however obscurely) to the preceding one. Don’t forget to ping back!